Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Why Does this Always Happen to Me?

Still looking for the fabric-wrapped cord I need to trim out the padded wall in my new home office/guest room. Why is there something so apropos about having a padded wall in my office? I took care of the top two shelves in the linen closet yesterday. Here’s what I discovered when I finished the closet:

  • A solid black quilted comforter for a full-size bed - KEEP
  • Four sets of sheets for a king-size bed - KEEP
  • One set of sheets for a queen-size bed - KEEP
  • Two sets of sheets for a twin bed - KEEP
  • An ugly pale pink blanket - KEEP
  • A hot-pink fleece throw - KEEP
  • A Looney Tunes throw - KEEP
  • A box containing several baby blankets - KEEP (I am the self appointed keeper of my daughters' sentimental belongings, even if they don't realize they are sentimental.)
  • A bag containing baby blankets, caps and booties knitted by my grandmother, before she lost her eyesight, for potential future great-grandchildren - KEEP
  • Twelve beautifully colored and patterned cotton flour sacks that I will one day hem to make tea towels - KEEP
  • A large assortment of unmatched sheets and pillowcases that I am THROWING AWAY – how much do you want to bet that within the month someone will ask me for an old sheet?
  • Silk screened pillow cases from Daughter #1’s elementary school days. Every year the class favor was a class designed pillow case - KEEP (see keeper of sentimental things explanation)
  • Mosquito netting from Daughter #2’s Girl Scout camping trips. She was (is) so bug phobic that her Dad had to construct a frame out of pvc pipe, that he duct taped to her camp bunk, that perfectly fitted the mosquito netting. No bugs were getting to that girl! TOSS
  • An assortment of aprons I don’t want to get rid of. One was my husband’s when he was a toddler made by his grandmother - KEEP
  • A teddy bear made by me out of an antique blue chenille bedspread - GARAGE SALE
  • The custom made bumper-pads from Daughter #2’s baby bed - GARAGE SALE
  • Two wool blankets I bought at a garage sale because they reminded me of blankets we had when I was a kid, had dry cleaned, and haven’t ever used because they are too scratchy - GARAGE SALE
  • Two ironing board covers - KEEP
  • Two fleece throws I buy for the dogs. It is easier to replace their bedding when it gets dirty than try to wash them. I figure this is way cheaper than having to have a plumber clean the drain if I were to wash the used ones - KEEP
  • An ironing board, an iron, and two cans of spray starch - KEEP (unfortunately)

All of this “stuff”, but still no cording. I am so tempted to just remake it! But, remember "the story of my life" from yesterday? If I remake the fabric covered cord, the original will show up. I am so frustrated, because I know it is in this house somewhere - but where? That is the question. Really, the better question is: Why does this always happen to me?

No comments: