Saturday, March 21, 2009

Office Stuff

The bed is coming, the bed is coming! My husband borrowed a truck so we can haul it home tomorrow; bringing it home to reunite it with its matching pieces. The only problem with that is I had to clear a space in Daughter #2’s former room/my new home office/guest room big enough to put the bed. This was not an easy task. You would be surprised what you can store in an empty space large enough to accommodate a full size bed. Have I mentioned in this blog that I am currently between offices at work? I moved out of my office of seven years in November. That’s not exactly true – I was moved out of my office of seven years by my very nice co-workers while I was in the hospital. I really appreciate them for coming to my aid, but they threw away, without regard to my feelings, SO MUCH STUFF. By the time I got out of the hospital the damage had been done and I was left with probably less than one-third of my “office stuff”. (I have considered feigning an illness to see if they might purge my house of two-thirds of my stuff, but have not given into that idea, yet. I may try it when I get around to the garage project.) Some of that “office stuff” is in my temporary office location, some is being stored until I move to my new office, and some is here, in my house, in my Daughter’s former room/my new home office/guest room.

Office Stuff:

  • 2 letter-size file boxes full of recipes
  • 2 letter-size file boxes full of miscellaneous office supplies
  • A bulletin board
  • A vacuum cleaner
  • A drip coffee maker
  • 2 portable plastic file boxes

I brought all of this stuff home because there was not room in my temporary office and I was afraid to store it for fear I would never see it again. My new office won’t be ready to move in for another month, so I have to keep my “office stuff” at home for a while longer. But the trick today was where to move it in order to make space for the bed. Everything is stacked somewhat neatly (okay, not neatly at all) on one side of the room. I will ignore it until I can move it to my new office. What I am afraid will happen is that I have been storing this stuff at home for 6 months only to discover that I don’t really need any of it!

No comments: