Monday, March 9, 2009

Day Two of the Hostage Situation

The hostage situation has not been successfully negotiated. It appears that we have a slight delay. Daughter #2 is in college and can’t partake in the negotiations until next week when she is on Spring Break. I have decided to continue the room purge on my own. Same rules as last time – remove ten items.

  • The head piece my mother wore on her wedding day in 1956 and that my daughter wore on her wedding day in 2007 – SAVE – I finally wrapped this in tissue paper and put it up on the top closet shelf. Daughter #2, Niece #2, Niece #3, and Grandnieces #s 1, 2, 3, & 4 will have the opportunity to wear it when their special day comes.
  • A plastic step stool – MOVE – Moved to hall closet (the dreaded hall closet).
  • Folding chrome stand and canvas laundry bag that fits into it – MOVE – Take to lake house – where it will be perfect for hauling laundry back and forth.
  • Two UPS shipping boxes (folded) – MOVE – one more thing into the hall closet. I actually have a shelf with wrapping/mailing supplies on it (who knew I was so organized?).
  • A duffel bag with clothes, towels, supplies I have packed to go to the lake – MOVE – moved to my bedroom to finish packing – whoo-hoo we are going to the lake this weekend.
  • Loose pages with wine information that came with our wine club shipments – MOVE – move to snazzy little notebook that came with initial wine shipment where they belong.
  • A tote bag and a shopping bag full of wedding planning paraphernalia from Daughter #1’s wedding (almost 15 months ago) – MOVE – I moved both bags to Daughter #1’s room – I need to go through the wedding “stuff” to make sure I don’t toss any important memories. (Note the trend of moving stuff back and forth between daughter's rooms.)
  • A pair of real headphones, not ear-buds, Daughter #2 gave me for my ipod – MOVE – put with my ipod – (Thank you, Daughter #2).
  • A packing box that a book was shipped in. I have been saving this because who knows when I might need to ship a book - TRASH - Really, what are the odds I'll be shipping out a book? Please note - one thing has been thrown away during this exercise!
  • Package of drawer organizers from last week's trip to Ikea. This was the only thing I bought for myself - MOVE - to my room where the drawers in need of organizing can be found.

I have done all I can do towards the hostage negotiation. Daughter #2 is going to have to take over from here. I am hoping to have this hostage crisis situation resolved by the end of Spring Break.

No comments: