Monday, March 23, 2009

Stuff I Can Sell

I spent most of Sunday and several hours this evening working on my new home office/guest room. The bed is moved in. This was accomplished by the use of a loaner truck, my husband’s brawn, and with minimal blood shed. (While loading the bed in the truck the metal bed frame fell on my husband’s head.) Bed is set up and has new bed linen. I even bought new pillows for the shams.

Once the bed task was complete it was time to move on to the boxes. Boxes and boxes of Daughter #2’s discarded past. As I perused the contents I had a crazy idea. You know how difficult it has been for me to get rid of so much GOOD stuff. So, why not have a garage sale? I broached the idea with Daughter #2 and she was excited about it. (She’s obviously never had a garage sale!) It looks like we are going to have a garage sale. Now the logistics: Where, when, how do we split the work, and most importantly – how do we split the money?

Funny, now that money is involved I am a little more inclined to purge.

No comments: