Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Slip-sliding Away

Today's task was a dresser drawer, the smallest drawer left to be cleaned/purged in my dresser. A drawer I rarely use, you will soon see why.
  • 8 half-slips. I'm curious, who wears half-slips anymore? Who wears slips? I am so tempted to toss them all, but one is brand new - still has tags on it. These date back to the days when I worked in an office and wore skirts and blazers and (horrors) high-heel shoes. As crazy as it seems - KEEP 4 (two black, one white, one beige), DONATE 4 (2 white, 2 beige).
  • a sweater stone. This is a device for removing sweater-lint. I don't think I have ever used it, don't think I ever will - DONATE.
  • a duck whistle from the D.C. Duck Tour - KEEP - I am sure I will need a duck whistle at some point.
  • a tee-shirt dress from the 1980s. If you don't know what a tee-shirt dress is - allow me to explain: you cut the bottom of one tee-shirt off under the arms and sew it to the bottom of another tee-shirt making a long tee-shirt dress. Why anyone ever did this is beyond me, however, they were all the rage in the 80s. The reason I still have this one is because it is decorated with my daughters' hand prints. I actually had them dip their hands in white paint to decorate the tee-shirt dress. Too bad I was a little too early for Project Runway. KEEP - of course I will never wear this again, but I can't get rid of my sweet daughters' hand prints.
  • 4 drawer sachets - KEEP - but not all in the same drawer.
  • a pedometer from a McDonald's "Healthy Meal" that appears to be broken - TRASH.
  • 2 sets of rosary beads - KEEP - it would probably be a sin to throw them away.
  • a satin lined, small velvet bag - perfect for a tube of lipstick and a small mirror in an elegant evening bag - KEEP - in spite of the fact I am sure I will never use it.
  • a beautiful, fine linen, handkerchief given to me by Daughter #1 on the day of her wedding, for use at the wedding. Of course I cried, but I didn't use the beautiful handkerchief - I didn't want to get it dirty! KEEP
  • 2 clothes pins - KEEP - move to utility room.

That is the end of the exciting cleaning/purging activity for today. Quack, Quack (that was the duck whistle).

No comments: