Monday, March 30, 2009

My Life Story

The story of my life sometimes goes like this: I save something because it is important and I know I will one day need it, that day comes and I can’t find it, I spend hours searching to no avail. This happened again today. I can’t find the fabric covered cording that trimmed the red upholstered wall in my daughter’s room/home office/guest room. When I removed the fabric covered cording (probably about eight years ago), to recover the wall in the new motif, I put it in a safe place just in case I might one day need it again. That day has come and I can’t find the cording I so carefully put away.

There are two logical places in which to look. The first is the linen closet; the second is the heinous hall closet. I looked in the linen closet; I’m not ready to deal with the hall closet, yet. This is what I found on just the two shelves in the closet that I was able to get to tonight:
  • A body pillow, one of those long pillows, covered in the celestial moon and star pattern – GARAGE SALE
  • 2 baby-blue faux fur throw pillows – GARAGE SALE
  • 2 black pleather throw pillows with silhouettes of hot pink cats – GARAGE SALE
  • A set of brand new, still in the package, beige sheets for a double bed – KEEP
  • A twin-size quilted mattress protector. GIVE to Daughter #2; she has a twin bed in her guest room.
  • A really ugly green blanket – KEEP (don’t know why, but I might need a really ugly green blanket one day)
  • A box of Space Bags – KEEP
  • A crochet blanket, Daughter #2’s security blanket of sorts – KEEP. She called this her oatmeal blanket, for one of two reasons – either it was because part of it was made of ecru yarn that was the color of oatmeal, or because she ate breakfast every morning wrapped up in the blanket and she got more oatmeal on the blanket than in her tummy
  • 2 canvas drawstring laundry bags – KEEP

I will finish the closet tomorrow. But it is not looking good that I will find the cording. If the story of my life plays out according to the previous chapters, what will happen is this: I won’t find the cording, I will cover new cording with matching fabric, and as soon as it is installed I will find the old cording. I have lived this story many times before!

No comments: