Monday, March 22, 2010

Conference Time

I am leaving for my work trip to Dallas today – and I really don’t feel like going! I have too much work to do here. A dear, dear friend is still in I.C.U. and now my grandmother appears to be ailing. I hate leaving with so much uncertainty.

The work will still need to get done – five days worth of work will somehow be compressed into two. To top it off, the conference I am attending will generate additional work. I will return to the office with great ideas, but not with the staff or funds to implement the great ideas.

The upside of this is I will be accompanied by co-workers, board members and volunteers from my organization, all of whom are passionately committed to the mission of our nonprofit work. I hope to return home energized and inspired – I’ll have to be to get all of my work done this week!

I will trust in a Higher Power to watch over my loved ones in my absence.

No comments: