Monday, March 15, 2010

Clean Food

I wonder about all of the crap we put into our bodies. A very dear friend of mine was diagnosed with brain cancer last week and I can’t help but wonder if chemical warfare, first in Viet Nam and later in our food system, didn’t play a critical role in the formation of his disease. What are we doing to ourselves? Why are the foods which are most readily available chock-full of pesticides and God only knows what else?

I make a concerted effort to eat healthy and yet I know I am poisoning my body with every meal. The fruits and vegetables are only organic in the summer when I’ve grown them myself, the grains I consume are typically over-processed, and I don’t even want to think about where the beef, pork, and poultry I occasionally eat come from.

As of today I will make every effort to be aware of my food. I will examine each bite to ensure I am not feeding myself tainted food. I just hope I am not too late.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oddly enough, I had thought about blogging about the importance of eating natural today too. You're absolutely right though - there's no telling what we're doing to our bodies with all the junk we're putting into it.