Friday, April 10, 2009

Seventeen Bottles of Lotion (are you kidding me?)

My husband is perplexed that I want to write about the crap I am digging up in our home. He can’t imagine that I am not embarrassed by this stuff. I haven’t been, until today. The bathroom cabinet was worse than I imagined. I pulled everything out of only one shelf in one cabinet, grouped it by product, and here is what I found:
  • 2 bottles of mouthwash
  • 4 contact lens cases
  • 4 boxes of contact lenses
  • 10 bottles of hair product
  • 17 bottles of lotion
  • 5 bars of soap
  • 2 boxes of bath oil beads
  • A jar full of buttons
  • 2 boxes full of old makeup (I won’t even bother to inventory)
  • 3 deodorants
  • 2 bags of cosmetic sponge wedges
  • A box of Crest Whitestrips
  • A package of 8 purse size packages of Kleenex
  • A Hairdini (don’t ask)
  • An Epilady (this was invented by the Marquis de Sade)
  • 2 loofah sponges
  • A box of Off! Towelettes
  • A bottle of rubbing alcohol
  • A blow-dryer diffuser
  • 3 pumice stones
  • A bottle of nail polish remover
  • A box of nail polish remover pads
  • A tube of toothpaste
  • A 6-step nail buffing kit
  • A disposable razor
  • A basket containing fingernail paraphernalia – to include 24 bottles of nail polish, 6 fingernail files, a nail buffer, cuticle cream, 5 cuticle sticks, a tube of cuticle gel, manicure scissors, 4 fingernail clippers, 1 toenail clipper, a package of silk nail wrap and super glue
  • 2 pocket knives
  • 11 loose Band-Aids
  • 4 books of matches
  • A cosmetics bag

Oh my God! All of this was on one shelf. No wonder I keep buying stuff – I can’t find what I already own. I have tossed what I don’t need, arranged the rest of it neatly on the shelf and sworn not to buy another bottle of lotion until these are depleted.



3 comments:

Gene Jeansonne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gene Jeansonne said...

A question not a comment...do you find writing about yourself makes profound life changes or does it just document where you have been? Can we get a before and after picture? How many pound of "stuff" have you lost? Will we really notice any difference in your abode upon our next visit?

inquizitively yours,

An Inquiring Mind



P.S. It is fun to read.

primo said...

sometimes, yes, no, 572, no.