Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Dagwood Bumstead's Closet

When I was growing up my very fastidious mother would make comments, when referring to messy closets or cabinets, about Dagwood’s closet or Bumstead’s closet. Dagwood Bumstead is the husband in a cartoon strip that has been around forever called Blondie. The joke about his closet was – every time he opened it “stuff” fell out. Everything from golf clubs to skis to clothes to cats fell out of Dagwood’s closet every time he or anyone else opened it. The irony of my mother referencing Dagwood’s closet was that all of her closets were clean. My mother was a neat-freak. I, on the other hand, am not a neat-freak (and that is putting it kindly).
The project I am contemplating (read – not actually doing, but thinking about doing) is the dreaded hall closet; my personal version of Dagwood Bumstead’s closet. It is the next logical cleaning/purging project, but it will take some time to work up to. So, be prepared to read several blogs about the closet before I actually open the door and do any work. But rest assured, once I open that door you will be amazed at the quantity and quality of crap that comes tumbling out.

1 comment:

Doris M. Bennett said...

I should say only that its awesome! The blog is informational and always produce amazing things. gutter cleaning near me