Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Fourteen Bottles of Hair Care Products and Four More Bottles of Lotion

I am working on cleaning/purging the master bathroom. I cleaned one shelf last week and today I found the strength to clean another. This is what I found:

  • An extra large container of Q-tips – “Bonus 20% more 600 cotton swabs”
  • Rembrandt Dazzling White Tooth Bleaching Value Kit
  • No-Crack Super Hand Cream (I swear I don’t make this stuff up)
  • SinuCleanse Neti Pot, or as we like to call it – the nose boat
  • Moisturizing Saline Nasal Spray
  • Nair
  • Plastic molds of my teeth, upper and lower
  • A heating pad
  • Nix Family Pack Lice Treatment – Expired in 1996 – my kids went to public school, what can I say?
  • Silver Hair and Body Glitter – left over from Halloweens past
  • Face painting crayons – ditto Halloween excuse
  • An aerosol can of Streaks ‘N Tips - Temporary Highlighting Colors – yep, Halloween again
  • Temporary black spray on hair color – you guessed it – Halloween
  • Elvira Cream Make-Up, black – guess?
  • Fluorescent Hair Spray – Halloween was very big around our house
  • A bag full of department store fragrance samples (yes, you really do want me to list them all): First – de VanCleef & Arpels, Carolina Herrera, Liz Claiborne, Anne Klein II, KL Homme, Must de Cartier, KL Eau De Toilette, Elizabeth Taylor’s Passion, Ultima II Maroc, Chanel Cristalle, Diva Eau de Seduction, Giorgio for Men, Halston Couture, Galore, Elizabeth Arden Red Door, Sung, Anna Pliska, Poison, Antaeus pour Homme, Chanel No. 22, Adolfo, Oscar de la Renta
  • A plastic Mary Kay gift bag
  • A package of Johnson & Johnson Easy Access Flossers
  • A bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide
  • Clairol Nice ‘n Easy Beautiful, Natural Light Brown
  • 2 wicker baskets full of hotel-size bottles of shampoos, conditioners, lotions, mouthwash, and soap
  • A Bath & Body Works Snow Globe Splash – Pearberry
  • A jar of jewelry cleaner
  • Talcum powder
  • Stress mender aromatherapy massage oil “a necessity for today’s hectic world”
  • Bar of loofah soap
  • L’Oreal ReFinish Micro-Dermabrasion Kit
  • A bag of cotton balls – jumbo size
  • 2 bars of Safeguard bath soap
  • A bottle of Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil
  • 2 bottles of shower gel
  • A bottle of Saline Solution for contact lenses
  • 3 cans of hairspray
  • 2 bottles of sun screen
  • 4 bottles of lotion
  • 14 bottles of hair care products
  • A box of Wet Ones individual pocket singles
  • A blonde eyebrow pencil
  • A brown eyeliner pencil
  • A slate eyeliner pencil
  • A disposable razor

A very long list and a full Hefty bag later I am happy to announce that this particular cabinet only has one more shelf.

4 comments:

Melinda Green Harvey said...

You don't REALLY think we will fall for the "hair and body glitter was for Halloween" story, do you?

Mary Owen Jeansonne said...

Jenny, I have 6 big drawers in the bathroom and I only use stuff out of 2 of them...the rest are stuffed full of "things" I might need some day. You have given me the incentive to get a big trash bag and get to work. But what will I do with all the Hot Rollers, brush rollers,curling rods etc. that I haven't used in 20 years. I just might have long hair one of these days! LOL
I really love following your blog. I could almost spell your mothers room the other day when you talked about her scents.

Mary Owen Jeansonne said...

That would be "smell" not spell.

ChrisP said...

I enjoy reading your article about hair care for it is my passion as well.You might be interested to join my Hair Spa | Styling Party. I'll be pleased to share techniques in massage, masking and moisturizing to get your hair to where you want it to be. I bet you'll gonna enjoy it.

http://www.beverlyd.com/hparty.html