Monday, April 20, 2009

Coming Clean

If you really think about it, doesn't the whole day revolve around cleaning?

  1. I get up, go to the bathroom (that's a cleaning of sorts which we won't go in to).
  2. I write - the premise being I can purge my brain of the junk so I can write the good stuff later.
  3. I exercise - that cleans my body of toxins and hopefully, dear God, some day of fats.
  4. I eat a healthy breakfast. The antioxidants in my yogurt and blueberries cleaning bad stuff from my system.
  5. I do regular household chores, making beds, loading the dishwasher (all of that counts as cleaning).
  6. I go to work at a non-profit, where I am surely saving the world (it is a stretch, but that is cleaning of a sort).
  7. I come by the house to let the dogs out - trust me, that involves major cleaning on their part.
  8. I visit my grandmother. Being with her is like a tonic, that has to be cleansing.
  9. I come home and do more housework, I cook dinner, I do more housework. That all has to count.
  10. And finally, the point of today's blog: If after all of the above I haven't done enough cleaning/purging to write a decent blog - then I come clean to my readers and ask for patience. I really will get back to some major cleaning soon.

No comments: