Friday, February 6, 2009

You Knew it was coming - Volume 3

Here we go again - I am getting tired of my kitchen cabinets, but I am glad to have some clean space. Okay - third foray into the black hole otherwise known as the lower kitchen cabinets.
  • 28 cookbooks, 7 of which are Weight Watchers: Quick Success Program Cookbook, Fast and Fabulous, Quick Start Plus, Favorite Recipes, New International, Super Good, Super Fast and 123 Success Collection – REVIEW and then get rid of the ones I don't like
  • The cookbooks, not in the Weight Watcher category are: Texas Celebrity Cookbook, In Good Taste, Bon Vivant II, River Road Recipes, Favorite Recipes Compiled by St. Elizabeth’s Women's Organization, Gatherings, Lone Star Legacy, Southwest Seasonings, Fredericksburg Home Kitchen Cook Book, The New Diabetic Cooking Made Easy, Ground Beef Cookbook – TRASH (I don’t think I will be cooking much ground beef), In Julia’s Kitchen with Master Chefs (sadly, I will TRASH this one, as it must have gotten wet at some point and the pages are all stuck together), Create Your Own Cookbook – a blank recipe book, La Bonne Cuisine, Pace Picante Sauce 40th Anniversary Recipe Collection, The American Country Inn and Bed & Breakfast Cookbook, Great Food from Six of the Worlds Greatest Chefs, Jell-o Kids Cooking Fun, General Electric Cook with Pride, Sandcastles and Snowflakes, and (EUREKA) The Bread Machine Cookbook – I will REVIEW all cookbooks except the ones I marked TRASH to determine which ones I will keep. I promise I will get rid of at least one-third of the cookbooks.
  • A two-pocket folder full of Weight Watcher recipes - REVIEW
  • 3 two-pocket folders full of loose recipes – KEEP and review before I toss them.
  • An Antique leather-bound accordion file containing recipes that I bought at an estate sale -KEEP - until I can look through
  • 2 books on organizing – Sidetracked Home Executives and Is There Life After Housework? – DONATE (maybe someone else can get them to work)
  • A metal basket containing – a roll of masking tape, a roll of clear packing tape, a roll of two-sided tape, and a roll of duct tape – KEEP
  • A Ziploc bag containing advertising magnets that were at one time stuck to my refrigerator. Why did I take them off and put them in a bag? TRASH
  • 2 pads of Post-It notes - KEEP
  • 4 scratch pads, more of those cool ones with the magnet on the back - KEEP
  • a package of 560 count round white labels - don't know why I have these - TRASH OR DONATE
  • a paint can opener - KEEP
  • a cut glass bowl full of keys I have no idea to what? - KEEP until I can determine if they are important
  • a brass key rack that once hung in my utility room - KEEP - put back up in the utility room, I've missed it. Would anyone notice if I hung all of the random keys I've recently unearthed on it?
  • an antique chalk-ware piece in the shape of a bathtub - DONATE

I found the bread machine cookbook, but not the manual that goes with the bread machine. I'm going out of town tomorrow - so the search will have to wait until Monday.

1 comment:

killyourmicrowave said...

i haven't read ahead any further but have you tried googling the model and brand of your bread machine to see if you can find the manual online?

and by that i think i actually mean, why don't you send me the model and brand of the bread machine and i'll google it for you.