Monday, February 9, 2009

Here I Go Again - Kitchen Cabinets Volume 4

Knowing I have made a commitment to blogging everyday (okay, almost everyday) has really forced me to get some much needed cleaning/purging projects done. I have put off cleaning out the kitchen cabinet for so long because the project seemed so daunting. Now, by breaking it up into small increments and then writing about it - I have discovered the secret to cleaning house!
I know the kitchen cabinets are getting boring, but I'm almost to the Tupperware - so hang in here with me things are really fixin' to pick up! This Is what I pulled off of one shelf in the lower kitchen cabinets today:
  • A black tray with an owl on it – I swear I’ve never seen this before! – Give to Big Red, I really think she will use it
  • A magazine box containing 10 Cooking Light Magazines – Put away with cookbooks I am planning to look through
  • A Brita water pitcher filter – SAVE until I can find the Brita pitcher
  • A spiral notebook open to a page with my Christmas menu on it, complete with instructions on what to prepare and when - RELOCATE to desk where I will use it
  • A scratch pad with two very important addresses on it and a password to an apparently important email account (don’t know what email account) - Write important addresses in address book and toss password ( I can always get a new one, right?)
  • A set of four nested Pyrex mixing bowls, that belonged to my mother, in (from largest to smallest) yellow, green, red, blue - KEEP - I will never, ever part with these bowls, they remind me so much of my mother
  • Two clear glass Pyrex mixing bowls - KEEP - these are very utilitarian
  • 2 white ceramic mixing/serving bowls - KEEP - ditto above
  • A glass salad bowl - KEEP - this is my favorite salad bowl
  • A huge wooden salad bowl - KEEP - I use this bowl when my favorite glass salad bowl just isn't large enough
  • A French coffee press - KEEP - nice for making just one or two cups of coffee
  • A food scale (another food scale) - KEEP - I don't know why I have two food scales, but this is the better of the two, so I'll throw the other one away
  • A glass dip bowl - this is a hard decision, I've never used this bowl, but certain dips would look really pretty in it - so I'm saving it for a while to see if I will use it now that I know where it is
  • A crockery mixing bowl - DONATE - I have plenty of bowls and this one screams of 1980s country decor
  • A chartreuse Brusche-California bowl - KEEP - this was also my mother's and is so 1950's I can't get rid of it (somewhere there is a platter that matches it)
  • The insides to a Bodum tea pot – the outside having been broken - TRASH, why did I save this?
  • Two lime green Tupperware bowls, spill-over from the cabinet next door (the dreaded and much feared Tupperware cabinet) - I opened the Tupperware cabinet, threw the bowls in, and slammed the cabinet door as quickly as I could - I'll get to this cabinet soon
  • 2 rolls of clear packing tape - KEEP - put in wire mesh basket with other tapes
  • A refrigerator magnet frame showcasing the nutritional information from a package of peppermint pigs – one of my daughters thought it would be hilarious to have the nutritional information of a pig on the refrigerator - TRASH - sorry daughter, but I'm getting rid of most refrigerator magnets, no matter how funny
  • Several recipes from Emeril that came in packages of fresh herbs - TRASH - apologies to Emeril - BAM
  • A pink pressed glass bowl with gold trim - KEEP - I don't really want this, but it was my mother's - I'll check with my sister to see if she will take it
  • An eight cup yogurt maker - Keep - I will totally make my own yogurt, someday, maybe
  • A six up plastic measuring cup - KEEP - this makes a wonderful vessel for filling dogs water bowls

There you have it - more progress made!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Buying kitchen cabinets online makes choosing stock kitchen cabinets simple for the homeowner.