Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The "Stuff" We Carry With Us

Okay - it is Wednesday - Please reference blog dated 1/28/09 where I warned you about Wednesday blogs! Tonight I cleaned out my PURSE at the suggestion of my friend, Susan. Thanks Susan! My rather large purse contained:
  • 4 grocery store receipts - TRASH
  • 2 grocery store lists - TRASH
  • 11 tissues, clean or otherwise - TRASH
  • a Master Gardener name tag - KEEP
  • 8 writing pens - KEEP
  • 2 wine corks- KEEP - add to collection
  • 2 match books from Abbey Road Rub and Restaurant - 22nd St. Virginia Beach,Va - KEEP
  • a bag of Ricola Honey Lemon with Echinacea Cough Suppressant Throat Drops + 4 Halls cough drops - KEEP - it is cold and flu season
  • 2 decaf Peach Tea Protein Drink supplement envelopes - KEEP
  • 2 check stubs - KEEP - it is almost IRS season
  • a rebate form for $10 off on dog food- KEEP - we are in a recession
  • a certificate of Rabies Vaccination for Chloe and a statement from the vet - KEEP - I am unsure of the "keep dates" for animal medical records
  • an IRS donation receipt - KEEP
  • a pair of silver earrings (I wondered where they were) - KEEP and wear
  • my wallet containing i.d., credit cards, store discount cards, cash, coins, and lots of other "stuff" I will just count as "wallet stuff" for the purposes of this blog - especially in consideration of it being Wednesday night - KEEP and be wary of identity theft
  • the cover to a pocket umbrella - KEEP and find pocket umbrella
  • a hair brush - KEEP
  • a work name tag on a lanyard - KEEP - because we really are supposed to wear these at work
  • a pair of cheaters in a case - KEEP - very important!
  • 2 - pocket-Kleenex tissue packets - KEEP - the whole cold and flu season thing again
  • a spiral bound scratch pad - KEEP
  • a pair of black sunglasses - KEEP
  • a refrigerator magnet - KEEP - put on refrigerator
  • an Vick's Early Defense nasal decongestant - KEEP - put with medical "stuff"
  • a $10 bill - KEEP - duh
  • a pair of brown knit gloves - KEEP - put in front closet
  • a tin of Velamints - KEEP
  • 2 barrettes - KEEP - put in bathroom drawer
  • 2 hair elastics - KEEP - put in bathroom drawer
  • CVS hand sanitizer - KEEP - use (the whole cold and flu thing again)
  • 2 lipsticks - KEEP
  • 1 Burt's Bees lip balm - KEEP
  • 3 pecans - ??? EAT
  • a case containing my business cards - KEEP
  • a pair of prescription sunglasses - KEEP
  • a cell phone - KEEP (better put in charger)
  • 2 post-it notes with very important information - KEEP
  • prescription samples from last visit with doctor - KEEP
  • Ayr Mentholated Vapor Inhaler - KEEP - you guessed it - cold and flu season
  • 2 - 3x5 index cards with important stuff written on them - TRASH
  • .75 cents in loose coins - KEEP - recession, remember
  • sample of Colore Science line tamer cream - KEEP, by all means
  • 2 deposit slips - TRASH

Why is it necessary to carry all of this stuff with me everyday? It isn't! Why can men carry small wallets in their back pockets? I do not know the answer to that. I do know that I love my lipstick-red leather purse and all of the "stuff" I can carry in it. I guess I will continue to have back problems, but always have access to my stuff. Who knows when I will need 3 pecans or a package of peach tea protein drink?

No comments: