Friday, February 20, 2009

Tulip Trauma

It is very difficult to write a blog about cleaning everyday when I actually have to clean something in order to have anything to write about. I do have a full time job, 2 dogs and a 101 (102 next week) year old grandmother I see everyday. Today I was desperate for some easy cleaning/purging project – it’s not like I don’t have a million things that need cleaning, it’s just that they are all such BIG projects! Today I needed something easy, and since the tissue from the floor around my bed idea has already been used I had to come up with something new. As I sat in my big, overstuffed chair contemplating the problem it came to me. Directly in my field of vision was a wicker trunk I use as an end table and to display framed family photos. I couldn't remember what was in it, but I was certain there had to be something. In my house there is no space that goes unused. I was right! Inside of the wicker trunk was the white comforter with primary colored tulips from Daughter #1’s bed. The comforter that was on her bed when she was in Kindergarten; she is now 28 years old. It is high time I remove the comforter from this trunk. In addition, there is a navy blue bed skirt or dust ruffle. The common denominator is that both the comforter and the dust ruffle are both covered in dust. But at least I have cleaned/purged something. My husband wants me to add here that I have been out to dinner and have enjoyed several adult beverages – there is more to life than cleaning. So, I am short one tulip clad comforter, and the better for having had several adult beverages.

No comments: