Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Here I Go Again

Oh, my God. I just looked through past blog entries to see when I actually last cleaned/purged anything. The answer is: April 25, 2009 (at least it is this year!).

So, how bad do I feel? Um, not really that bad, I have been enjoying life; enjoying spring and summer. I have had other activities – it isn’t like I’ve been sitting on the couch watching American Idol – I am happy to report that I did not watch one single episode of American Idol this year. Truth be told, the only night I have a television vice is Monday. I am nearly addicted to The Big Bang Theory, only because my daughters went to high school with the prototypes for the characters. And How I Met Your Mother, and Two and a Half Men are great. But that is only one TV night. What have I been doing if not cleaning out the hall closet? Well, I have planted a garden in my back yard. I do work a fulltime (plus) job. I visit my 102 year old grandmother everyday after work and do at least one hard crossword puzzle with her. I have a full life, I see friends, I drink a lot, I read, I take care of my two dogs, and I spend an inordinate amount of time on Facebook. But – (drum roll) the purpose of this blog is to clean 30 years of clutter from my house and that hasn’t been happening since APRIL 25! What is wrong with this picture? EVERYTHING! So in the spirit of the blog I will remove 5 things from the hall closet, just to cross the line of resistance and make it easier to blog (and clean) tomorrow.

Here goes, I am walking to the closet now… These are the 5 things I took out of the hall closet:
  • A fish bowl – I will put this with the piles of garage sale crap in residence in Daughter #1’s room.
  • A flower vase – I really like this vase and thought it was lost. I will put this under one of the kitchen cabinets with the other vases and I vow to use it the next time I buy (or pick) flowers.
  • A candle – I just lit it. Maybe burning it up is a good way to get rid of it?
  • An odd clear glass container with gold swirlies on it. I really don’t know what this is supposed to be – maybe a candle holder or maybe a candy dish. I am selling it in the upcoming garage sale for an entire dollar!
  • A blue glass Christmas tree ornament, missing the metal apparatus that connects to a hook that connects it to a Christmas tree – I am throwing this in the trash right this minute

Hoorah! I have actually dealt with 5 items from the infamous hall closet. Hopefully this will begin a trend. Tune in tomorrow.

No comments: