Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Books

I actually opened the door to the hall closet today with good intentions (you know, those things that pave the road to hell). In my defense, it isn’t my fault that no progress was made, yet again, today. I blame it on books. Yes, books. The shelf I intended to clean today is full of books; books that belonged to my husband’s mother and grandfather, books that were my children’s favorites when they were young, and books that belong to me. I began looking at the titles, trying to make decisions about their fate. Then I made my first mistake – I opened one. Two hours later no book has been sent to the discard pile. I am one of those crazy people who cannot get rid of a book. Thankfully the toy closet is relatively empty; I plan to move all of the children’s books there for my potential future grandchildren. On the bright side, as soon as I get the children’s books moved out of the hall closet there will be room on the shelf for more books.

No comments: