Friday, January 30, 2009

Sock-It-To-Me 1-30-09

The next logical step on my house-purging expedition, following the cleaning out of the workout clothes drawers, would be my athletic sock drawer.

(Apologies to those of you who want to click on the red X in the upper right hand corner about now.)

Once I embarked on my 1/2-marathon training insanity, I discovered I needed special socks. All of my original athletic socks were 100% cotton. My running socks, however, are some heinous man-made blend that allegedly helps me avoid blisters. So now I have twice as many athletic socks as any sane person should ever admit to owning.

100% cotton low-cut socks - 24 pair plus one stray
100% cotton crew-socks - 8 pair
poly-something blend running socks - 13 pair

This was not really a difficult purge. I tossed:

8.5 pair of cotton low-cut socks
5 pair of cotton crew-socks
I kept all of the running socks - whatever they are made of doesn't seem to wear out

So, thank you for tolerating a sock blog. Hold on to your hats... tomorrow I may clean out the Tupperware Cabinet!

No comments: