Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Iron Curtain 1-21-09

Took down really ugly curtains in the master bathroom. I should have taken them directly to the trash, no passing GO, etc., but they match the very ugly Ralph Lauren comforter. The very ugly Ralph Lauren comforter that has been folded neatly in its original plastic bag and has been sitting on a closet shelf for some years now. Instead of trashing the curtains I washed them, folded them neatly and placed them in the closet with the comforter.

STOP, HALT, WHOA, WAIT A MINUTE...

This somehow feels like cheating. I'm suppose to be getting rid of stuff - not storing it. The first step is admitting the problem! I guess the logical choice would be to get rid of both the curtains and the comforter. But, they are Ralph Lauren. But they are still ugly. I could use them at the lake house. They are still ugly. I could give them to Big Red (101-year old grandmother who is partially responsible for my pack-rat affliction - more on that later). Still ugly. Maybe one of my daughters would want them? Ugly.

Why is this so hard?

Okay, I'm throwing out the really ugly curtains, but the comforter gets a reprieve, it's Ralph Lauren, remember?

No comments: