Thursday, January 29, 2009

Olympic Hopeful 1-29-09

I certainly don't want to give anyone the wrong idea - I am NOT an athlete by any stretch of the imagination. However, I do possess an inordinate amount of workout clothes. Several dresser drawers bulging with gym clothes attest to my experimental philosophy when it comes to exercise. I have joined/quit almost every gym in my town. I have tried running (once I even attempted to train for a half marathon until my knees protested), I've tried Jazzercise, I've tried Tai Chi, even a stint at the YWCA pool for deep water running (explains ski belts from 1/20/09 blog). I've worked out with Jane Fonda, Richard Simmons and Billy Blanks. I've done crunches, step aerobics, and Pilates, and I have the clothes to prove it. This is what I pulled out of three drawers today:
  • 9 sports bras
  • 5 pair running shorts
  • 2 pair of those tight knit shorts you wear under shorts (never knew what they are called)
  • 6 pair Capri-length exercise pants
  • 2 pair full- length exercise pants
  • 1 pair leggings
  • 2 pair sweat pants
  • 1 sweat shirt
  • 3 tank tops
  • 3 short sleeve tops (that match 3 pair of the Capri pants)
  • 2 short sleeve moisture wicking tees
  • 4 long sleeve moisture wicking tees
  • 3 pair yoga pants
  • 8 bandannas

I bet people train for the Olympics with less athletic gear than this! So, what got tossed?

  • 4 bandannas
  • 1 pair Capri pants
  • 2 sports bras (faulty elastic)
  • 1 pair sweat pants
  • 1 sweat shirt
  • 2 tank tops
  • 2 pair running shorts

I realize this is not much of a purge, but I haven't entirely given up my Olympic dreams. I wonder what one wears to train for that ribbon swooshing event?

No comments: