Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Countdown to Christmas - Day 7

The cold has arrived, and I ain’t talking about the temperature outside! In spite of my best efforts to ward it off or convince myself otherwise, I am officially “with cold.” At least I made it through the first holiday party, which is fortunate because I was the host. The cough began as soon as I got in bed last night and has turned into something similar to the bark of an angry seal. All Christmas preparations are temporarily on hold awaiting my recovery, which better be before Friday, as I am leaving for an out of town soiree that I will not miss.

Tissue, cough drops, Nyquil, Mucinex, hot tea, and anything else I can think of will be my constant companions. I’m also making garlic soup for dinner – a sure cure if there is one.

No comments: