Sunday, December 5, 2010

Countdown to Christmas - Day 5

Ugh – I feel like I might be catching a cold. I won’t, I won’t, I won’t! I will not get sick! I’ve been drinking Echinacea tea, sucking on Zicam lozenges, using the “nose boat” (sinus rinse), trying to get plenty of sleep, and taking massive doses of vitamin C to ward off any potential germs that might be heading my way. I may even pull out the “big gun” and make garlic soup. Being sick, having a cold, at any time is no fun, but during December it can nearly bring your life to a screeching halt and that can’t happen – there is way too much to do. The decorating is done, but there is still shopping (lots and lots of shopping), cooking (lots and lots of cooking), cleaning (no comment), and holiday* parties (lots and lots of holiday parties). I cannot get sick. I will not get sick.

*If anyone is offended by my use of the word “holiday” please don't be. When I mean Christmas I’ll use Christmas, but in this case I am being inclusive. I do have parties with my non-Christian and Christian friends who celebrate other holidays during December.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whenever the holidays are coming in closer, I always get a lot busy. So busy that I wouldn't have anytime cleaning my house. Well, basically it's just a room, but I call it a house. I can clean everything in the room besides the carpet. I always have it brought to a shop for carpet cleaning. Orange County, CA has one of the best carpet cleaning service providers around.

Anyway, the reason why I have my carpets cleaned by somebody else is that I don't want to get sick, too.