Sunday, November 28, 2010

Breathe

Ahhh – I didn’t realize how much I missed the lake. I had no idea how much I needed to relax until I got here and felt the tension drain away. It’s been over six weeks since I was last here, probably the longest stretch I’ve been away since we bought the place. My life got in the way – work, family, friends, trips out of town, obligations, “stuff” prevented me from escaping and relaxing at the lake.

Today I plan to breathe deeply, to sit and stare at the lake, to watch the birds at the feeder, and hope for the occasional deer to wander by. I will yawn and stretch and maybe take a nap. I’ll read a book, thumb through a magazine and listen to music. I’ll walk the dogs, hold hands with my husband and marvel at the beauty of winter. When the day is over and I must return to reality, I’ll be ready to face the hectic pre-Christmas insanity at work and at home.

Thank you lake for giving me the peace and serenity I so needed. I promise I won’t let another six weeks go by.

No comments: