Monday, October 12, 2009

My Day Off

I have proven once again that I have "Adult Attention Deficit Disorder" - or whatever the hell it is they are calling it these days. I think having this syndrome is awesome. I wouldn't want to be without it! I had a wonderful day, thanks to AADD! This was my day:
  • Awoke, realized I didn't have to go to work today, went back to sleep. Awoke again, when the dog-alarm-clock insisted I should be awake. Great husband brought me coffee while I wrote.
  • Read newspaper, did crossword, drank more coffee.
  • Checked email, facebook, blogs. Answered email. Sent co-workers my schedule for this week.
  • Started laundry.
  • Revised chapter in novel I am currently revising.
  • Checked faceboook, drank more coffee, folded a load of laundry, cleaned off desk in bedroom, listened to Roy Orbison on ipod, started another load of laundry, took dogs outside for potty break.
  • Tried on clothes I might pack and wear on upcoming vacation. Found suitcases, folded another load of laundry, called my aunt to discuss get-together. Began roasting tomatoes. Sorted and soaked beans for dinner tomorrow night.
  • Thought about cleaning out refrigerator. Abandoned idea of cleaning out refrigerator. Revised another chapter. Packed reference books for upcoming trip. Updated facebook status. Checked email. Called daughter to make sure she got up in time to go to class.
  • Worked on time lines and outlines for novel project. Checked roasting tomatoes. Took dogs outside for another potty break.
  • Made hotel reservations for 35-year High School Reunion scheduled for April. This took over thirty minutes, as the computers were down at the hotel. Checked email and updated facebook status while on hold. Also checked the blogs I follow for updates. Finally finished reservations and sent out email challenging classmates to do the same.
  • Folded and began another load of laundry. Tried on more clothes for upcoming vacation.
  • Made grocery list for this evening's appetizer dinner and tomorrow's dinner. Called daughter to find out how her classes went. Called grandmother to tell her I was coming over. Changed clothes.
  • Watched Oprah (one of the guilty pleasures of a day off). Folded the final load of laundry.
  • Made a list of all of the things I need to take on vacation. Tried to upload photos from camera to photo-finishing site. Didn't work. This is the second time I have spend 30+ minutes trying to order photos online. Tomorrow I am going directly to store with card and uploading photos on site.
  • Checked email and updated facebook status again. Finally finished roasting tomatoes.
  • Went to grocery store for ingredients to finish out tonight's appetizer dinner and tomorrow's New Orleans Red Beans and Rice. Took roasted tomatoes, Mozzarella, and basil to grandmother's house to share with aunts and uncles. Drank wine.
  • Came home, chopped onion, garlic, bell pepper for tomorrow's dinner. Drank wine. Watched my favorite Monday night sit-coms. Tried to purge a virus from my desk-top computer. Folded another load of clothes. Moved suitcases for next week's trip off of bed.
  • Checked email and updated facebook status. Felt guilty about not having a new blog. Began new blog. Washed dishes. Got out crock-pot for tomorrow's red beans and rice.
  • Took dogs out for potty break. Washed out wine glasses. Told husband I'd be to bed soon. Finished blog.

All-in-all, a great day off. I love having AADD!

No comments: