Saturday, October 17, 2009

Deadlines

I am leaving town in one hour and ten minutes, which is the deadline (self-imposed) for the "equally shared sleeping quarters" (aka - master bedroom) project. I can assure you, nothing more will get accomplished in the next hour and ten minutes. However, great progress was made. Sadly, I can't claim responsibility for all of it. I enlisted help from my husband, but I was a great delegator and project manager.
What was done:
  • both clothes closets were cleaned out, purged, and painted.
  • my dresser drawers were cleaned out, purged, and lined with lavender scented paper (it's a girl thing).
  • vintage Hartmann luggage (previously used as storage) cleaned out and purged.
  • ceiling fan dusted, lights washed.
  • top of my desk cleaned off (this is a way bigger deal than it sounds!).
  • all photo frames cleaned (huge deal - as there are over 50).
  • husband's bed-side table (with four drawers containing an assortment of "stuff" accumulated over 25 years) cleaned and purged.
  • all surfaces (top of dresser, armoire, bookshelf, etc.) cleaned and purged.
  • TV cabinet with four drawers containing old VHS movies cleaned and purged and painted to match bookshelf. (Thanks to husband for braving garage, finding old paint can, matching paint, and painting cabinet which I've been promising to paint for ten+ years.)
  • windows cleaned (inside only).
  • curtains cleaned.

Things which didn't make the deadline:

  • books in bookshelf purged, dusted, organized.
  • all furniture (including bed) vacuumed under.
  • my desk drawers cleaned out and purged.
  • trunk cleaned out and purged.
  • bedroom storage closet cleaned out and purged.
  • curtains ironed.

I'll give myself a few extra days when I return from my trip to completed the room. It was my deadline, I can move it!

No comments: