Monday, July 6, 2009

Putting it off again...

I have been checking out other blogs just to see what other people are writing about. I am questioning why I chose to write a blog which requires me to DO SOMETHING. Why didn't I chose to write a blog with just witty observations on life? Something easy, like commenting on Sarah Palin's decision to resign as Governor of Alaska or my take on global warming or the water shortage. I could have written a blog about my favorite sitcom or a blog about restaurant food? But no, I chose to write about cleaning my house, a task I abhor and love to put off. The next time I decide to launch a blog I will give it some thought before vowing to the gods of the internet to clean my house.

I guess it could be worse - I ran across a blog today where a woman actually cooks something everyday and writes about it. My daughter's friend is reviewing art installations each day and reviewing them in his blog; he must actually go see the art everyday (doesn't sound terrible). A good friend of mine takes a photo everyday and posts it on her blog (if I could take a decent photo I might try this).

But, I'm not a great cook (I had blue cheese, crackers and red wine for dinner tonight), I'm not an art critic, and I'm not a photographer. I am just a pack rat with a ton of stuff I need to purge. So, maybe tomorrow I'll get back to the cleaning. Or maybe tomorrow I'll begin a new blog and call it Procrastination, a memoir.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I just found a blog where a woman in NYC gets in a cab once a week and asks the driver to drop her off at his (or her) favorite restaurant. Then she eats there and writes about it. . .