Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving


I have so much to be thankful for. I suppose Thanksgiving is a good day to take inventory.
  • My wonderful husband who loves me unconditionally and vice versa.
  • My beautiful and kind and generous daughters.
  • My adorable and smart grandchildren.
  • My son-in-law who is a great father and husband.
  • The family I grew up in.
  • My kind and loving parents who taught me, by example, how to be a good spouse and a good parent.
  • My sister who is also my best friend.
  • My little brother who has taught me much about being a positive person and to make your own luck.
  • My big brother, the unexpected silver lining of our mother’s passing, whom I love dearly.
  • My big extended families. The Owens for always being fun and showing me the true meaning of family love and loyalty. The Primos for growing up with me and staying close no matter what. And the Smith side for hanging in there in spite of differences and distances.
  • My friends – every single one of them, near and far, old and new, (real and virtual!)
  • The blessings of my everyday life. Waking up in a lovely home, not worrying about being displaced or having a war waging outside of my door.
  • For always having enough even though I sometimes worry.
  • For access to good food and clean water and medical care.
  • For a healthy body and mind, and for the health of my family and friends.
  • My sweet dogs who love me unconditionally and to excess.
  • For a dependable vehicle that I have been driving for 10+ years.
  • My good neighbors and good neighborhood.
  • For always having everything I need even if I don’t always realize it at the time.
  • For opportunities to travel.
  • For the time I get to spend with my grandchildren.
  • My husband who encourages me to do whatever I want rather that be to head out at a moment’s notice for weeks on end or to take expensive art classes we both know I’ll never complete.
  • For the talents God has given me (even though I neglect or ignore those talents).
  • For the beautiful world in which we live. For nature and the great outdoors and my proximity to the river and the herons.
  • And for many, many other blessings that befall me every minute of every hour of every day that I take for granted.
  • I am grateful to be alive.
 Happy Thanksgiving

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a good shcedule :) Actually, I like your blog a lot. Thanks to you!
By the way, after the Thanksgiving Day there's a lot of things needed to be cleaned. And here is nice cleaning company: Kuura I recommend it!